Friday, November 21, 2003

Where is she?

This is Dan, Margie's son, here. Regular readers will no doubt feel a bit jealous as I write this. I am able to keep in touch with my mom every day if I wanted to. Oscar has unlimited long distance from his phone, so all I have to do is make a quick call, and then my mom will call me back, and we can talk for an hour if we want to.

It's been over a month since the last post to this blog, so I thought I'd provide an update to the best of my ability. This means that it's going to be presented in a stream of consciousness, "as-thoughts-present-themselves" fashion.

We in Dayton still miss her terribly; Keisha prays for her Nana almost every day.

Mom and Oscar have been trying to get their computer fixed, virus-free, bug-free, etc. There have been some calls between them and me, them and their DSL provider, and so on. I'm happy to help where I can.

The car they'd been using broke down a few weeks ago. They watch Christian television (TBN?), and they no longer have cable.

Mom is glad that she got refills of her medication before she moved back, and I believe she has an appointment with a clinic next month.

I've become more aware of weather systems moving in and out here in Dayton, and I think of how my mom would be feeling if she'd still be living here. I definitely hope that the climate in Texas is better suited to her fibromyalgia and arthritis.

This morning I mentioned on my blog about encouragement. Mom has been a balcony person to me for as long as I can remember. Even though she's over a thousand miles away now, she still encourages me.

So, I don't know when she'll post here again, but I wanted to provide a brief update. What's new with you?

No comments: