Thursday, March 24, 2005

update on the past year

Yesterday I was able to be back into the world of computers again! Bob's brother set us up a computer and we got a provider and here I am.
After leaving the shelter I went into another program in which I was Put up in a motel for awhile. That was an interesting experience!
Oscar found out that I was there and callled constantly. I held my resolve and never saw him. He would communicate also through e-mail the few times I found a ride to the library.Always a spiritual letter filled with innuendoes and lies and spewing of hate but also wanting me to come " home ". Sure; fat chance that was happening.
I eventually got an apartment and took on a roommate. That was another interesting experience. She was the mother of one of the gals at the shelter.'
It wasn't a totally rewarding experience.
During this time I was still trying to get medical care for my issues but not having transportation made it a lot of work. And beind indigent in that county made accessing medical care a real challenge.
I was sexually assualted at the clinic by the x-ray tech. A man in his 50's. I reported him but nothing was done. He was the only x-ray tech they had so I never took x-rays there again.
And, it was the only place that I could access for medical care so I was in a real bind.
My SSD case has plodded along.
Had I stayed in Houston I would have had a hearing this month but everything has to be moved to San Francisco now.
I worked part time on weekends at the Tex-Mex restaurant I had worked at before I went to Ohio. It was physically challenging. I worked in the kitchen and the temps were many, many times approaching 115 degrees. Plus, the physical work was hard with my back problems and mobility problems.
I was supposed to be receiving a small amount of cash from my ex based on our divorce decree but he wasn't paying for awhile.
That's another story. And, a doozy of one it is. I will go into that at another time.
Meanwhile, after I moved into the apartment I " met " Bob through My cell phone I got while in the motel.
We woul;d text a little back and forth about baseball and scrabble.
One day a mutual friend was having problems with her phone and we both were trying to help.
After it was resolved he wanted to get to know me better. ( He didn't know what he in for)
The last thing I wanted was any involvement with a man. I did everything I could to turn him off.
The only thing he asked for was total honesty. Oh boy, I warned him he didn't know who he was talking too!
So the next day he started calling me. And I had a plan on nmy landline that allowed me unlimited long distance.
We talked everyday thereafter. I counted up before I moved here we logged almost 20000 minutes. then the cell calls and texting and I began to write him everyday.
I don't think there was a subject not touched or discussed in depth by the time I came here to live.
In June he asked if he bought a plane ticket would I like to visit? Sure. A vacation to San Fransis
co. My Mama didn't raise a fool and she always said I'd go where angels dared to tread.

So he deliberately made the arrangements for mid September. He figured if we were still talking we were into something worth exploring and if we weren't talking he could always cancel the ticket. He is a very wise man.
So in September I came to visit and I didn't want to go back.
He wisely knew we needed to go through a separation process to find out if we'd really miss each other. And we sure did.
In early October he asked if I'd come again for the holidays. Sure I would. Could I start with Halloween and go from there? He meant Christmas.
So I came back. And there were events that had happened that made it a wise decision not to return and that is how I came to live in California.
And I haven't regretted it.
We have had a few rough moments but we get through them.
If anyone saw us together they would think we have been together for 30 years.
We are so comfortable together.
The house presents challenges. He was alone here for 20 years and housekeeping and repairs were not priority for him.
We jokingly refer to this place as " This F----ing House " in reference to Bob Villa's This Old House!
He still has his 8 track player AND the 8 tracks. Does he use them - no. But, he has them just in case!!!
God love him.And I do. I didn't think I'd ever find this. He is who I wish I would have found way back when. My life would have been totally different. And there is the lesson. Had I always had it I may not have appreciated it as I do now.
God has been good to me. I am very blessed in so many ways.
I try to see the cup as half full instead of half empty.
Bob and I laugh everyday. And I mean almost wet your pants laugh everyday.
What a blessing that is.
I will add in other details later and fill in someof the blanks.
It's been a hell of a year let me tell ya.

No comments: