Sunday, April 27, 2003

It's Sunday, the kids and Keisha went to church which was going to be outdoors and a softball game and picnic following. I woke up with bad allergies in the middle of the night as well as back pain. It's supposed to rain tomorrow night. I can always tell at least 2 days ahead. When I was little I remember the "old" folks talking the same thing. I have arthritis in my spine and other joints as well as fibromyalgia. I wonder if its the change in barometric pressure that "arthritic" people know about upcoming weather changes?

Keisha woke up at 5 something complaining she had trouble talking!!! Duh! She wasn't supposed to be talking at that hour, right? I put some Vick's on her chest and she seemed adequately attuned that she had been taken cared of(?). I put in one of her tapes and she eventually fell asleep. I don't know when I finally did, I just eventually did.
Yesterday, she woke up and I had my door open. Her Dad was asleep and Mom at school, so I asked her if she wanted me to fix her cereal. She wanted the peanut butter kind with chocolate milk. By the time she was finished in the bathroom it was ready. She looked at me and said, "I love you, Nana". That was the first time without being prompted. I could have cried. We read a book about the tooth fairy while she ate. She lost her first tooth this week. It was one of those special moments in ones life that is so simplistic it is meaningful. Probably only those that are grandparents can understand. It isn't like being a parent is it?

I have had depression this week and she sure brought some light in.

Is there anyone out there with similar experiences? i'd love to hear from you. Post your comments here or E-mail me.

No comments: