Sunday, September 28, 2003

Well, this is my last day in Ohio. I leave tomorrow to return to Texas where I spent the majority of my adult life.
I will miss my family here. It has been great to share to their life and to be part of my granddaughter's life. I hope she will remember me and that we will visit regularly.

It was good to see the siblings this summer and to share the time I was able to with my special sister. She came up yesterday with her new daughter, and DJ and Keisha spent the afternoon playing. Only a couple of disagreements; for 6 year old girls that wasn't bad.

My sister really has her hands full with DJ. She came with a lot of emotional baggage from her past. Its sad to think what people will do to children even before birth. My sister is making progress. She has earned her place in heaven. DJ finally calls her Mommy now; that's encouraging. Its really neat how DJ and Keisha hit it off from the instant they met.

I think about returning to Texas and its strange. I will not be returning to the life I left which is liberating. I learned a lot in this time I was away. I discovered that the people I counted as friends were not. And, I had to admit I was a bad judge of character.

I will be renewing my friendship with Oscar, and that I am excited about. He is the one who stayed in touch, encouraged me, kicked me in the behind when I needed it, cried with me, and prayed with me. Its ironic that I had to go away to learn that he was the true friend.

I will be returning to a new place, which is good. No old memories. I will have to start over with health care which is a little daunting. The climate will be better suited for my fibromyalgia. The symptoms will not disappear but may be muted.
I just don't think I could have endured another harsh winter.

So, I'll be in touch when I get settled. keep me in prayer.

No comments: