Friday, May 20, 2005

any soldier

I had heard of this site but only recently visited. It is a great site for anyone who has said" I'd like to do something but don't know what to do".
is about sending all kinds of things to the military in Iraq and Afganistan.
I happened upon it through a gardening site. Someone was getting together seeds and such to send them to help boost morale for the soldiers and the citizens of Iraq.
In there you find what they need and want and you can find someone to communicate with if you don't know someone personally.
As a Mom who has a son in the Navy and was deployed last year I can tell you that the morale can get very low.
Imagine yourself in their shoes and you will realize what a boost a letter from home or a package containing essential items they cannot easily get ahold of would be.
I know the hoopla has died down and we are in for the long haul. Let's just not forget those that are sacrificing so much.
If you belong to an organization maybe you could incorporate this into a fundraising project.
Just thought I'd pass it along.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I wanted to comment on the SSD news. I hope that it all works out, because it wasn't right what they put you through. *HUGS*