Sunday, February 22, 2004

This information is from a poster that hangs in the dining room at the shelter. I think its good information to put out.

Every two minutes another woman is raped. Or sexually abused. Or sexually assualted. In fact, more than 248,000 women,children and men were victims of of these violent crimes last year. If you or someone you know is a victim call the National Sexual Assualt Hotline operated by RAINN. It's free. It's confidential. And a counselor from your local rape treatment center is waiting to help anytime of day.
1-800-656-HOPE National Sexual Assualt Hotline
R Rape
A Abuse&
I Incest
N National
N Network
635-B Pennsylvania Ave.,SE. Washington DC 20003
www.rainn.org

Last night I found a Fake Ken doll laying on one of the bookcases. He was laying there with his arms streched out and that fake smile smirking at me. I grabbed him up and committed domestic violence on him.
He was the first male figure I have seen since December 22nd.
I did everything physical to him that had ever been done to me over my life. Two of the other women were with me. We were cracking up. We laughed so hard we were rolling on the floor. Kathy was snorting like a pig she was laughing so hard. The other woman was the America's Most Wanted crimal.
No matter what I did he wouldn't get that smirk off his face though.
He did get epilepesy after awhile. His head started bobbing around.
And we discovered that no mattered where you threw him he couldn't fly!
I know this sounds sick but it was theurapeutic.
We put a comment in the suggetion box that they needed to get dollar store Ken dolls for support groups and let the women commit domestic violence on them to release the anger and frustration that has built up. I am sure the counselors will have an idea that this was not healthy but I sure feel better. 51 years of abuse and I finally got to get a lot of out in a constructive way feels good.
And we thought about asking for a blue marker to draw bruises on him but thought that might be going a little too far. So Ken woke up this morning OK.
The staff person had to come out and see what we laughung about so hard.
We called him names to and he took it. He didn't talk back either.
I will try to update as I can and when I leave here I will have Dan be my liason as me being crazymaggiemay the roving reporter through the Houston shelter programs.
Pray for me folks.

No comments: