Sunday, May 04, 2003

Today, Jennie and I didn't feel well, and Dan and Keisha were running late so had "church" at home. It was nice although today I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket with my congestion and scratchy throat.

Keisha played nurse to herself. She had a tiny scratch by her eye and got a small band-aid; she tore the wrapper off in small pieces and would hand each one seperately to me to throw away. I bet you didn't know a small band-aid wrapper could be torn into about 7 pieces!

It's sunny but still a little chilly to me. It's almost 1 PM and I forgot to take my AM meds. No wonder I am still alert! I need to take them though. That is a thing with bipolars-we forget meds often; we can think we don't need them because we feel OK. Those around us are the barometer of whether we are really OK.

I have trouble staying asleep at night. I wake up aching so bad and its hard to go back to sleep. That is another thing bipolars have to do; get enough rest.If the manic part is stronger it is almost impossible to sleep which is what will be needed. I realize these things and work hard at doing my part to be healthy within the parameters of my illness. Some days are better than others.

No comments: